The Rock Church vision is to glorify God by growing together in love and obedience to Jesus. Rock Church will continue as a multicultural church in Austin guided by Jesus Christ with importance given to Evangelism and Discipleship.
We are committed to the Eight Principles of Racial Reconciliation.
The mission of Rock Church is embodied in the acronym CALLED:
- C – To be purposefully involved in Cross Cultural outreach and bridge building between races
- A – To focus ministry in the Austin neighborhood
- L – To build Leaders within the membership
- L – To function under the Lordship of Jesus Christ as prescribed and approved by the Holy Scriptures
- E – To engage in Evangelism, spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ
- D – To make Disciples of Jesus Christ through teaching and preaching of the Holy Spirit
What is the most important thing we must do, day in and day out, to fulfill our mission?
- Equip the saints.
- Develop reproducing leaders, male and female, multi-generational.
- Advance God’s kingdom through evangelism and works of service
The core commitments that we want everyone to live by and clarifies those things that are nonnegotiable Rock Church:
- Word (biblically)– based
- Committed to unity
- Accountable to the Lord and to each other
- Collaborative and partnering
- Embracing compassion and justice
- Team oriented
- Examples of Holy Lifestyles
- Good Stewards
- Striving for Excellence in Worship
- Strong and Healthy, both individuals and families
The culture that we must create if we are going to realize the potential of our organization and accomplish our mission:
- Externally Focused (Austin and beyond)
- Effective in Communication (People are well informed)
- A Nurturing Body
- A Safe place to share open/accepting
- Have Servant hearts
- Committed to Reconciliation
- Humble dependence on God (Humility)
- Biblically Directed
- Evangelistic Heart
- Faith-filled Obedience
- Effective (should have measurable tools)
- Loving, Forgiving, Grace-filled
- Encouraging the Development of Spiritual Gifts