We fast for Faith in Action!
We fast for Faith in Power!
If you take medication, do not fast from food!
Rock Church will continue to fast every day for 381 days. We began our fast on Friday, June 12, 2020 and will end on Monday, June 28, 2021. As of Thursday, October 1, 2020, we will have completed 111 days of fasting. If you are not a Rock Church member or regular attendee, you are encouraged and welcome to join us. Each month you will receive a new fasting and prayer focus.
- Week One (October 1-4) No foods with starch (peas, corn, potatoes, beans, pasta, rice and grains)
- Week Two (October 5-11) No sweets
- Week Three (October 12-18) No sodas, shakes, or favorite drinks
- Week Four (October 19-24) No snacks
- Week Five (October 25-31) You choose your fast. It must be an ultimate sacrifice to you.
*Prayer Focus: Determine to be about CHANGE in this world from a spiritual perspective.
- Pray that you never lose heart.
- Pray that you always look to renounce secret and shameful ways.
- Pray that you never use deception.
- Pray that you never distort the Word of God.
- Pray for all those who are perishing.
- Pray that God will hinder the god of this age from blinding the minds of all unbelievers.
- Pray that you will always preach Jesus and not yourself.
- Pray that you will always let your light shine through the darkness.
- Pray that you never give up despite spiritual challenges.
- Pray that you do everything in and through faith as you fix your eyes on what is unseen.
*Scripture: Read at the beginning of each week: 2 Corinthians 4:1-18
*Theme: Although man lives in a physical body, what gives him life, what allows his physical body to live and breathe, is not food, but all the words uttered by the mouth of God.
Fasting is a spiritual exercise normally done with prayer. It is a willing abstinence or reduction from certain or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time. It can also be abstaining from other things like television, and social media.
Fasting opens up more time to be available for prayer and provides an attitude of submission. It shows a willingness to sacrifice anything to get closer to God.
Matthew 17:21 “ However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”
- Week One (September 1-6) Fast from all desserts
- Week Two (September 7-13) Do not watch your favorite television shows
- Week Three (September 14-20) Eat only healthy foods (no fried foods, red meat, etc)
- Week Four (September 21-30) You choose your fast. It must be an ultimate sacrifice to you.
*Prayer Focus: Throughout the day, pray that you will walk in faith by being:
- Devout–reverencing and showing deep religious feelings for God, heeding to the Word of God, being dedicated and committed to the Word of God.
- God-fearing–holding close to God’s words and giving reverence to God, knowing He is in control, having the characteristics of Christ, honoring God.
- A generous giver–willing to give lovingly, without hesitation, unselfishly, and in abundance.
- A prayer warrior–being an intercessor, praying without ceasing, praying the Word back to God
*Fast Focus: Choose a meal to fast daily for the month of August. It can be breakfast, lunch, or dinner. During this fasting/meal time, you will pray (See Prayer Focus below)
*Prayer Focus: During the fasting time please pray:
- For a vaccine to be developed that will 100% wipe out the Covid19 virus.
- For the scientists around the world who are working hard to develop a vaccine.
- For revival in our communities, cities, and nation.
- For God to heal the brokenness in the hearts of man, and that hearts of stone will become hearts of flesh.
- For religious leaders to take the helm and lead God’s people with prayer, fasting, and harvesting.
*Focus: You choose whatever food you want to fast, as long as it’s a real sacrifice for you. (Example: ice cream, snacks, red meats, soda, fried foods, sweets)
*Prayer Focus: Every day of the month pray on the hour beginning at 8:00am and ending at 8:00pm (Example: 8am, 9am, 10am, and so on).
- Pray that God will eradicate gun violence – take the guns out of people’s hands
- Pray that those who don’t know Christ will come to know him, will repent, and receive salvation
- Pray for government officials
- Pray for elected officials to treat everyone impartially and for those who need to repent to do so
- Pray for government officials
- Pray that God would eradicate police brutality worldwide
*Fast: Fast from eating any type of bread
*Prayer Focus: Ask God to help you to surrender to the leading of the Holy Spirit – morning, noon, and evening. Also pray for healing, reconciliation and unity in your community, your city, and the nation.