We fast for Faith in Action!
We fast for Faith in Power!
Click Here for Why 381 Days?
If you take medication, do not fast completely from food!
Rock Church will continue to fast every day for 381 days. We began our fast on Friday, June 12, 2020, and will end on Monday, June 28, 2021. As of Friday, January 1, 2021, we will have completed 203 days of fasting. If you know anyone who wants to join us, we welcome them with loving arms. As our Director of Events promised, she will continue to send out our monthly fasting and prayer focus.
Download January Fast Information
- Fast Focus:
Choose Your Fast Focus for the month:
- Jewish Fast: Eat at sunset (first time that day)
- Daniel Fast: Fruits and Vegetables
- Water and Juice Fast or “No Sweets and Meats” Fast
- You can do any combination or create your own. (Example: You can choose one fast for the whole month or a different fast for each week.)
- Prayer Focus:
Pray to “Be the Change”. Be the change in our own lives, Be the change you want to see happen in the lives of our families, Be the change we desire our Community to be, Be the change we pray our world to be.
I challenge you to pray and ask God to show you how you can begin to “Be the Change”! Remember you are not doing this out of convenience but out of commitment for change to happen in our World, State, and Communities.
- Fasting is a spiritual exercise normally done with prayer. It is a willing abstinence or reduction from certain or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time. It can also be abstaining from other things like television, and social media.
Fasting allows more time to be available for prayer and provides an attitude of submission and surrender. It shows a willingness to sacrifice anything to get closer to God.
- Matthew 17:21 “However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”
- Fast Focus:
Decide whatever foods you would like to fast, but it cannot be the foods you fasted from in the Month of November (NEW GROUPS OF FOOD/FOODS or even T.V SHOWS etc).
- Prayer Focus:
That the Body of Christ will yield to living a SURRENDERED LIFE unto Jesus Christ. Each day we are going to practice memorizing the scripture and praying the scripture back to God. And at the end of day seven you are going to start back on day one. This rotation will be done throughout the month.
- Daily Focus:
Oswald Chambers describes surrendering to God’s will this way:
True surrender is not simply surrender of our eternal life but surrender of our will— and once that is done, surrender is complete. The greatest crisis we ever face is the surrender of our will. Yet, God never forces a person’s will into surrender, and He never begs. He patiently waits until that person willingly yields to Him, and once that battle has been fought, it never needs to be fought again.
- Day 1: SURRENDER OUR FEAR/S – 2 Timothy 1:7
- Day 2: SURRENDER OUR PRIDE – James 4:10
- Day 3: SURRENDER TO GOD’S KINGDOM – Matthew 6:33
- Day 4: SURRENDER OUR WILL – Matthew 7:21
- Day 5: SURRENDER YOUR WORRIES & BURDENS – Matthew 11:28
- Day 6: SUBMIT TO GOD – James 4:7
- Day 7: SUBMITTING TO GOD’S WILL BEING DONE IN YOUR LIFE – Matthew 26:39
Download December Fast instructions
You decide on whatever food you want to fast. (It can be a different food each week, the same food for the whole month, and so on.) Make sure the food you choose is a sacrifice for you.
*Prayer and Scripture Focus: Each day, put into practice memorizing the scripture for that day and praying the scripture back to God. Once you’ve completed all seven days, start over with day one – memorizing and praying the scripture. This rotation will continue, each week, for the whole month.
- Day 1: Mark 14:36
Declare and Decree (morning, noon, and evening), “Nevertheless, not my will, but Your will be done.”
- Day 2: Isaiah 58:6
Pray that God will:
- Loose every chain of injustice
- Untie every cord of the yoke of sin
- Set every oppressed person free from whatever has them in bondage
- Break every yoke
- Day 3: Luke 22:40
Pray (morning, noon, and evening) that you do not enter into temptation.
- Day 4: 1 Corinthians 10:1
Declare and Decree (morning, noon, and evening) that you are going to hold firmly and take the way of escape when you are tempted beyond your ability.
- Day 5 Ephesians 6:10
Declare and Decree (morning, noon, and evening) that you are going to be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.
- Day 6: Galatians 5:16
Declare and Decree (morning, noon, and evening) that you are going to walk by the Spirit and ask God to give you the strength to not gratify the desires of the flesh.
- Day 7: James 1:3
Declare and Decree (morning, noon, and evening) that you are not going to give up walking in faith because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
Download November Fast instructions
- Week One (October 1-4) No foods with starch (peas, corn, potatoes, beans, pasta, rice and grains)
- Week Two (October 5-11) No sweets
- Week Three (October 12-18) No sodas, shakes, or favorite drinks
- Week Four (October 19-24) No snacks
- Week Five (October 25-31) You choose your fast. It must be an ultimate sacrifice to you.
*Prayer Focus: Determine to be about CHANGE in this world from a spiritual perspective.
- Pray that you never lose heart.
- Pray that you always look to renounce secret and shameful ways.
- Pray that you never use deception.
- Pray that you never distort the Word of God.
- Pray for all those who are perishing.
- Pray that God will hinder the god of this age from blinding the minds of all unbelievers.
- Pray that you will always preach Jesus and not yourself.
- Pray that you will always let your light shine through the darkness.
- Pray that you never give up despite spiritual challenges.
- Pray that you do everything in and through faith as you fix your eyes on what is unseen.
*Scripture: Read at the beginning of each week: 2 Corinthians 4:1-18
*Theme: Although man lives in a physical body, what gives him life, what allows his physical body to live and breathe, is not food, but all the words uttered by the mouth of God.
Download October Fast Instructions
- Week One (September 1-6) Fast from all desserts
- Week Two (September 7-13) Do not watch your favorite television shows
- Week Three (September 14-20) Eat only healthy foods (no fried foods, red meat, etc)
- Week Four (September 21-30) You choose your fast. It must be an ultimate sacrifice to you.
*Prayer Focus: Throughout the day, pray that you will walk in faith by being:
- Devout–reverencing and showing deep religious feelings for God, heeding to the Word of God, being dedicated and committed to the Word of God.
- God-fearing–holding close to God’s words and giving reverence to God, knowing He is in control, having the characteristics of Christ, honoring God.
- A generous giver–willing to give lovingly, without hesitation, unselfishly, and in abundance.
- A prayer warrior–being an intercessor, praying without ceasing, praying the Word back to God
Download Spetember Fast Instructions
*Fast Focus: Choose a meal to fast daily for the month of August. It can be breakfast, lunch, or dinner. During this fasting/mealtime, you will pray (See Prayer Focus below)
*Prayer Focus: During the fasting time please pray:
- For a vaccine to be developed that will 100% wipe out the Covid19 virus.
- For the scientists around the world who are working hard to develop a vaccine.
- For revival in our communities, cities, and nation.
- For God to heal the brokenness in the hearts of man, and that hearts of stone will become hearts of flesh.
- For religious leaders to take the helm and lead God’s people with prayer, fasting, and harvesting.
Download August Fast Instructions
*Focus: You choose whatever food you want to fast, as long as it’s a real sacrifice for you. (Example: ice cream, snacks, red meats, soda, fried foods, sweets)
*Prayer Focus: Every day of the month pray on the hour beginning at 8:00am and ending at 8:00pm (Example: 8am, 9am, 10am, and so on).
- Pray that God will eradicate gun violence – take the guns out of people’s hands
- Pray that those who don’t know Christ will come to know him, will repent, and receive salvation
- Pray for government officials
- Pray for elected officials to treat everyone impartially and for those who need to repent to do so
- Pray for government officials
- Pray that God would eradicate police brutality worldwide
*Fast: Fast from eating any type of bread
*Prayer Focus: Ask God to help you to surrender to the leading of the Holy Spirit – morning, noon, and evening. Also pray for healing, reconciliation, and unity in your community, your city, and the nation.