LET JESUS REIGN IN 2016
GOD’S VISION FOR ROCK CHURCH
That we as a people will surrender all to God. A sincere desire to please God will be a consequence of an alignment with Jesus reigning in our lives. We begin to desire the things God’s desires. We will love what God loves and hate what God hates.
- GOD’S CHURCH IS SURRENDERED TO GOD: Romans 12: 1-21
The word “surrender” is defined as: to yield, give up, submit, abandon, relinquish, or waive. In some translations, the word “surrender” is not found, but the concept of “yielding” (Romans 6:16-19) or submitting (James 4:7) is used instead.
Surrendering All to God involves:
- … having a active relationship with him, and this relationship involves trust and faith in Him for your lives.
- … letting go of whatever has kept us from doing it God’s way.
- … being willing to say, “God, whatever You want me to do, I’ll do it. I’ll say ‘Yes,’ to anything, You ask of me.”
- … dying to your personal agenda, willing to give up the things you want, in order to have more of Christ in your life.
We encourage our church to begin memorizing Romans 12 as we dig into the Word to learn how to be fully surrendered to God in 2016.
- GOD’S CHURCH IS COMMITTED TO DISCIPLESHIP: Acts 2:41-42
What is discipleship? “When believers GROW in their faith through God’s Word”
God’s Church… is growing in their faith by reading the Bible on a regular basis, memorizing Scripture, and most importantly, applying the Word to their lives.
God’s Church … brings their Bibles to church, takes notes, and is hungry to learn more about God’s Word.
- GOD’S CHURCH IS COMMITTED TO FELLOWSHIP: Acts 2:42-46
What is fellowship? “When believers CONNECT in loving relationships with one another.”
- God’s Church:
- … shares their lives together and cares for one another (Acts 4:32).
- … has fun together (gladness).
- … bears the burdens of one another (Gal. 6:2).
- … is kind to and forgives one another (Eph. 4:32).
- … confesses their sins to one another and prays for one another (James 5:16).
- … walks in unity, Strife is the #1 thing that will destroy a church! (Psalm 133).
- … if your brother or sister offends you then go to (Matt. 18:15-17).
- GOD’S CHURCH IS COMMITTED TO MINISTRY: Acts 2:43
What is ministry? “When believers DISCOVER and DEVELOP their gifts”
“God has given gifts to each of you from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Manage them well so that God’s generosity can flow through you.” (1 Peter 4:10).
- Ministers are committed to helping you discover and develop your God-given gifts.
- The Lord has called some to be apostles, some as prophets, some evangelists, some teachers and some pastors.
- GOD’S CHURCH IS COMMITTED TO WORSHIP: Acts 2:42,46-47
What is worship? “when believers GLORIFY God with their lives”
- God’s Church … knows God’s love, and loves Him with all of their heart.
- “Jesus said, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment.” (Matt. 22:37-38).
- GOD’S CHURCH IS COMMITTED TO EVANGELISM: Acts 2:47
What is evangelism? “When we REACH people with the love of God”
- God’s Church … shares the love of God with friends, co-workers and family members, How? By “Moving from our Seats into the Streets”.