LET JESUS BE SEEN IN 2014, by Pastor Rob Stevenson 1/5/14
Ephesians 5:8-10 As children of light, our actions should reflect our faith. We should live above reproach morally so that we would reflect God’s goodness to others. Christians must lovingly speak out for what is true and right, by Letting Jesus Be Seen In 2014.
OUR CHURCH’S MISSION STATEMENT: The Rock Church vision is to glorify God by growing together in love and obedience to Jesus. Rock Church will continue as a multicultural church in Austin guided by Jesus Christ with importance given to Evangelism and Discipleship.
C – To be purposefully involved in Cross Cultural outreach and bridge building between races
A – To focus ministry in the Austin neighborhood
L – To build Leaders within the membership
L – To function under the Lordship of Jesus Christ as prescribed and approved
by the Holy Scriptures
E – To engage in Evangelism, spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ
D – To make Disciples of Jesus Christ through teaching and preaching of the Holy Bible
GOD’S VISION FOR ROCK CHURCH: The vision for the church isn’t just a place to go to on Sundays; it is God’s family connecting together under the Lordship of Jesus Christ! I believe the only way this will happen we must become a family that’s committed to; prayer and fasting, fellowship, discipleship, ministry, evangelism and worship, founded on principles from God’s Word found in Acts 14:21-23 and Acts 2:41-47
1. GOD’S CHURCH IS COMMITTED TO: PRAYER AND FASTING: Acts 14:21-23
What is praying and fasting? “it is simply forcing yourself to focus and rely on God for the strength, provision, and wisdom you need”.
2. GOD’S CHURCH IS COMMITTED TO: DISCIPLESHIP: Acts 2:41-42
What is discipleship? “when believers GROW in their faith through God’s Word”
▪ God’s Church… is growing in their faith by reading the Bible on a regular basis, memorizing Scripture, and most importantly, applying the Word to their lives.
▪ God’s Church … bring their Bibles to church, takes notes, and is hungry to learn more about God’s Word.
3. GOD’S CHURCH IS COMMITTED TO: FELLOWSHIP: Acts 2:42-46
What is fellowship? “when believers CONNECT in loving relationships with one another.”
▪ … God’s Church … shares their lives together and cares for one another (Acts 4:32).
▪ … has fun together (gladness).
▪ … bears the burdens of one another (Gal. 6:2).
▪ … is kind to and forgives one another (Eph. 4:32).
▪ … confesses their sins to one another and prays for one another (James 5:16).
▪ … walks in unity, Strife is the #1 thing that will destroy a church! (Psalm 133).
▪ … if your brother or sister offends you then go to (Matt. 18:15-17).
4. GOD’S CHURCH IS COMMITTED TO: MINISTRY: Acts 2:43
What is ministry? “when believers DISCOVER and DEVELOP their gifts”
“God has given gifts to each of you from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Manage them well so that God’s generosity can flow through you.” (1 Peter 4:10).
▪ Ministers are committed to helping you discover and develop your God-given gifts.
▪ The Lord has called some to be apostles, some as prophets, some evangelists, some teachers and some pastors.
5. GOD’S CHURCH IS COMMITTED TO: WORSHIP: Acts 2:42,46-47
What is worship? “when believers GLORIFY God with their lives”
▪ God’s Church … knows God’s love, and loves Him with all of their heart.
▪ “Jesus said, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment.” (Matt. 22:37-38).
6. GOD’S CHURCH IS COMMITTED TO: EVANGELISM: Acts 2:47
What is evangelism? “When we REACH people with the love of God”
▪ God’s Church … shares the love of God with friends, co-workers and family members, How? By “Moving from our Seats into the Streets”.
In closing; Matthew 5:14-16 light of the of the world. Remembering the words of Peter and John in Acts 3:6. Rock Church, Let Jesus Be Seen In 2014.