Fasting Focus: Pray and Fast for one hour every day.
a) Pray for your personal walk with God (first half of prayer time)
b) Pray for New Rock Church & CU Ministries & Catalyst (second half of prayer time)
The prayer time can be for one hour, or it can be divided into two-30 minute sessions, or four-15 minute sessions. Regardless of how you do your prayer time, you MUST fast from all foods and drinks during each time.
God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him (Heb.11:6). He rewards all who diligently seek Him in faith, because faith is what pleases Him. Also, He is no respecter of persons. Read Matthew 21:21-22
I Timothy 2:1-4 says,
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
As the church continue to Fast together, we will continually see God fulfill His promises in many ways. There is power in corporate Fasting and power in corporate Prayer!
** If you want to please God, believe God**
If you don’t put prayer with your fasting, there is no need to fast. Part of the sacrifice of fasting, seeking God, and studying His Word is that normal activities fade into the background. Read 1Thessalonians 5:16-18.
*If you are not sure what to pray, pray scriptures from the book of Psalms.*
Here are some times when you should fast:
1. To seek God’s favor in the time of crisis, when there is trouble in your life (Read Esther 4 and 5)
2. To receive focus or clarity from God, to get a breakthrough, understanding of a dream or vision (Read Daniel 10:2-3 and Habakkuk 2:3)
3. For self-examination and consecration, for a spiritual checkup, to draw closer to God (Read Jeremiah 36:6)
4. Before going into a battle – expanding your business, getting a promotion, or any new initiative (Read Judges 20)
5. Intercession – to lift God’s judgment from someone else’s life (Read 1Kings 21:20-29)
6. For healing (Read Isaiah 58:6-9)
7. To have dominion and authority, to make you tough in the spirit, to take away fear (Read Matthew 4)
ONE PERSON FASTING IS POWERFUL, BUT WHEN A GROUP OF PEOPLE BEGIN TO FAST, IT IS MULTIPLIED STRENGTH! IT IS MULTIPLIED POWER!
(Excerpts from “Fasting” by Jentezen Franklin)