Rock of Our Salvation Evangelical Free Church
New Rock Dedication!
- August 3, 2020 New Testament Bible Reading: Acts 28:17-31
- August 3, 2020 Old Testament Bible Reading: Psalm 59-61
- August 3, 2020 Prayer: Thank God that His mercy and lovingkindnesses are new every morning Lamentations 3:22-23
August FastPastor's Video
- Fast focus:
Choose a meal to fast daily for the month of August. It can be breakfast, lunch, or dinner. During this fasting/meal time, you will pray. (See Prayer Focus below)
1 Timothy 2:1-4 “I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession, and thanksgiving be made for everyone – for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.” (TNIV)
Although man lives in a physical body, what gives him life, what allows his physical body to live and breathe, is not food, but all the words uttered by the mouth of God.
- Prayer Focus:
During the fasting time please pray:
- For a vaccine to be developed that will 100% wipe out the Covid19 virus.
- For the scientists around the world who are working hard to develop a vaccine.
- For revival in our communities, cities, and nation.
- For God to heal the brokenness in the hearts of man, and that hearts of stone will become hearts of flesh.
- For religious leaders to take the helm and lead God’s people with prayer, fasting, and harvesting.
- Fasting is a spiritual exercise normally done with prayer. It is a willing abstinence or reduction from certain or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time. It can also be abstaining from other things like television, and social media.
- Fasting opens up more time to be available for prayer and provides an attitude of submission. It shows a willingness to sacrifice anything to get closer to God.
- Matthew 17:21 “ However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”
Our Walking In Faith Will Never Be In Vain Part 1Scripture:
- 1 Corinthians 15:58
- Acts 8:1-8; 12-13; 26-40
- Acts 1:7-8
- James 2:17
- Hebrews 6:10
- 1 Peter 4:10
- Colossians 4:12
- Luke 2:37
- Ephesians 4:28
- 1 Corinthians 10:13–14
- 1 Corinthians 12:4–11
- 2 Thessalonians 1:4-12
- [1 Timothy 2:1-2]
- [2 Corinthians 9:6-8]
Click for more Praise and Worship Playlists
We Still Need $65,000 For Our Capital Campaign
Click to Learn More About the Capital Campaign
Fast 381 Days from June 12!August 1, 2020
Pastor Rob 8th Year AnniversaryJuly 5, 2020
New from Pastor Rob!June 28, 2020
Quarantine Testimonies WantedMay 29, 2020
We Stand Together – March Down Central June 7thJune 8, 2020
Prayer and ProtestJune 4, 2020
New Rock Church Youth VideoMay 17, 2020
Spiritual Gifts AssessmentMarch 2, 2019
Need Help because of COVID-19?
Click for Helpful Resources
Lost loved ones to COVID-19?
Click for Pastor's COVID-19 Memorial Message
Walking in Faith Helps You to Stand Firm in Your Faith Part 6Scripture:
- Proverbs 6:17; 8:13; 11:2; 13:10; 16:5-20; 21:4; 21:24
- James 4:6
- Ephesians 5:21
- 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
- 1 Peter 5:5
- Ephesians 4:2
- 1 Peter 5:6
- Romans 12:16-19
- Luke 6:37
- James 4:12
- [1 John 2:16-17]