Rock Church June 2013 Fasting
Fasting Focus: Choose one day each week to fast for 24 hours, drinking only water. On the other six days, fast for one hour.
Prayer Focus: Continue to pray for Rock Church, Catalyst School, and Circle Urban Ministries and also, the things on your heart.
This day the Lord your God commands you to observe these statues and judgments: therefore you shall be careful to observe them with all your heart, and with all your soul.
Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed than the fat of rams.
I Samuel 15:22b
Why are we fasting?
Closeness with God should be our goal,and fasting is the method to reach that goal. You do not fast to obtain merit with God or to get rid of sin. It is not to lose weight or so others can notice how spiritual you are.
*If you are not sure what to pray, pray scriptures from the book of Psalms.*
Helpful Tips for a Successful Fast:
- Refrain from critical speaking, and spreading or listening to negative words about or to anyone else.
- Limit how much television you watch and how much time you spend on things that are distracting.
- Have your favorite worship music available and spend time worshiping often.
- Establish some form of accountability during the fast, either with someone who is fasting too or a prayer partner.
- Stay prayed up. Satan hates when you fast, so he will try to attack you.
ONE PERSON FASTING IS POWERFUL, BUT WHEN A GROUP OF PEOPLE BEGIN TO FAST, IT IS MULTIPLIED STRENGTH! IT IS MULTIPLIED POWER!